Sunday, October 3, 2010

Success is achieved one increment at a time

      I often tell myself "Success is achieved one increment at a time."  The increment depends on the task.  For runners it could be one step or breath.
For weightlifters it could be one exercise, repitition, or set.  I have yet to start studying, but I want to do one thing to further my goal of passing the bar everyday.  I find writing my goals makes them more finite and more binding.

      These are the list of things I plan to do today:  (1) Fill out my temporary employment application and forms, (2) Renege my invite to J's wedding in Philly, (3) Text AGH my e-mail for the bar exam study schedule, (4) listen to one of those PMBR lecture CDs (probably Evidence since I already started listenting to it), (5) Read some sort of bar exam outlines (6) Do 20 Multiple State Questions for the MBE and 20 more for the State, as well as one essay, (7) Come up with an exercise schedule, (8) Go for a jog, (9) Go to church (It is sunday).
 
      I mailed in my repeat application for the next administration of the exam this Friday.  I had to pay $575. I was not thrilled.  The repeat application was $450 this time.  For some reason I recall it being $375 last time. I handwrote the previous two exams, but I decided to at least have the option of typing this time. Consequently, there is a typing fee of $125.  Yayy!!! 

     I handwrote all my exams in lawschool.  I write fairly well and fluidly, but I type much faster.  The pros of typing v. writing seem balanced in favor of typing so I will give it a shot.  Oh well.  That is just one of the perks of failing the bar exam, you get to support the board of bar examiners by fattening up their pockets with these administration fees.

    I have to save about x amount of money for me to survive this go around.  That exam fee was a big hit on my reserve so I could really use this temp work hopefully for a month or so.  It pays about $20 per hour.  That should allow me to save what I need.  It is the infamous document review job for attorneys.  Most unlicensed law grads probably know about it.  The market out here is tough as I'm sure it is in most parts of the world right now.  This may be a bit of relief from my current situation.

     I was really hoping to go to J's wedding.  She is great.  But with my current economic status, I just cannot.  The bar exam fees hit me hard, and the contract work I am doing now is not as steady as I would like it to be.  I will probably post again after I finish all those above enumerated tasks. À bientôt, j'espère

No comments:

Post a Comment