Monday, April 11, 2011

I PASSED!!! WOO HOO!!!

     Okay.  The Florida bar released results via computer today.  The Florida Board of bar examiners releases results by  listing applicant file numbers, from lowest to highest, followed by a pass or fail indication.

     So, my friend texted me today and asked "[w]hat is the word[?]"  It was past 11:00 a.m.  I knew he was referring to the bar exam results, but I thought results were coming in at 1:00 p.m.  I had just stepped out the door hoping to run some erands.  I had to renew my driver's license and registration.  I was hoping to make my day a productive one to keep my mind off what I knew to be the inevitable.

    Anyways, my friend told me he passed.  I was stoked.  He is doing an L.L.M. and he worked really hard while studying hard at the same time. I was happy to hear that.  But, by the same token my heart began to pulsate more rapidly.  I became a bit more anxious although I did my best to subdue it.  I responded, "Congrats. I didn't check yet. I'll let you know."

     I informed my aunt results were released.  She insisted on going back to the house because she could not stand the anticipation.  I logged on to my laptop, went straight to Google, searched for the Florida board of bar examiners, and voi la.  I checked my applicant number, actually I quadruple checked it (even though it is the same one I've had for the past 2 years) and by the grace of G-d it said: PASS, PASS, PASS.
 
     I dropped to my knees, and prayed a thank you prayer.  I texted my friends and family in three sets of a repeated message.  I had to thank them all for their support, encouragement, and counsel.  But, before I got to the second set I was bombarded with phonecalls from well wishers and congratulators.  I recieved a ton of return text messages as well.

     How do I feel?  Happy? Not so much, although surely I am happy in some small sense. But, honestly I am feeling an overwhelming sense of RELIEF to the Umpth degree.

Some of my family and friend are in tears.  I'm not, but I understand.  They have supported me aimlessly and without reserve.  They have been there for all of the ups and the downs as well.  This was a group effort.  I cannot and will not take the credit all on my own.  It wouldn't be honest, nor would it be right to do so.

     Now, I am waiting on my "oath of attorney" to arrive.  Then, I will get sworn in.  I am not into ceremonies, but I think I will bring my grandparents and take photos.  They will enjoy it.  Wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment